Are you frustrated living in a world you don’t want, and not knowing how to change it? Are you feeling small, insignificant and at the effect of Big Government, Big Agriculture, Big Pharma and other insiders making decisions for you about life on planet Earth? You’re not alone. In 1976 Peter Finch played the lead in the movie Network, rousing people to stand up and proclaim they were mad as hell and wouldn’t take it any more –the tyranny, oppression, and humiliation enforced by the powers-that-be. Thirty seven years later, people are still madder than hell, and most still feel unheard and belittled by The Machine that seems to have no interest in individual quality of life or freedom.
Renowned pacifist and spokesperson for the human heart, Mahatma Ghandi, is purported to have said, Be the change you want to see in the world. If you’re tired of fighting the system; worried about being poisoned by your food, water and medicines; fearful of being jailed for the simplest acts of growing a vegetable garden on your front lawn or saying no to vaccinating your kids –then take a stand! You may not be able to lobby in your local government or march in a rally, but you can commit to performing small steps each day to help yourself evolve into The Change, and create the life you dream about.
You may think you have to do something monumental to make a difference — lead a country, start a movement, write the Great American Novel. Not true! Start living your dreams by performing small, less intimidating actions, regularly. As water dripping repeatedly erodes a boulder, the continual repetition of conscious thoughtful action undermines intimidation and builds a foundation for positive change.
21 Actions You Can Take to Make a Difference
· Empower yourself by facing daily challenges head on, and without shying away.
· Eat organic food. Boycott foods containing chemicals, antibiotics, growth hormones and GMOs.
· Plant heirloom seeds and grow your own food.
· Teach your kids how to garden, sprout seeds, cook, clean and build a birdhouse.
· Pursue natural means for healthcare. Say no to vaccines, chemo and pharmaceutical drugs. Leave the doctor’s office if he won’t listen to your concerns.
· Store natural remedies, herbs, homeopathic remedies, and first aid books on hand to care for your family and pets without a doctor.
· Use nature’s bounty from foods for proper nutrition and good health.
· Shop local, supporting growers and merchants.
· Meditate, walk in the woods, sit by a stream — and relieve stress by staying in touch with the Universe and your inner self.
· Drink chemical-free and fluoride-free water. Get a filter, dig a well, buy clean water.
· Keep your body as alkaline as much of the time as possible.
· Turn off the TV, avoid the news, ignore Facebook. Read a book instead.
· Speak up and speak your mind. Let your voice be heard.
· Trust your inner guidance, whatever you call it, to help you achieve the change you wish to see.
· Maintain a sense of humor.
· Pay off your debts.
· Down size material needs.
· Put up long-term food, water, fuel and tools to take care of emergencies.
· Get to know your neighbors and make new friends.
· Recycle plastic and paper bags; upcycle anything and everything to maximize its potential.
· Focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want. Worrying is using your imagination to create what you don’t want. What you focus on expands and becomes your reality, your world. What you ignore eventually ceases to exist. Focus on the change you want to bring into your life.
Step by step, surround yourself with an oasis of the good life you seek by being flexible and by adapting to external circumstances. If the world isn’t working for you the way you see it, be the change you want to see and courage will emanate from you and keep you safe even in the maelstrom.
Network -Mad as Hell Scene
Network -Mad as Hell Scene
Mahatma Ghandi Quotes
(Photo Credit: Zulucoaching.com)
Permission is granted to copy the title and first one hundred words with the provision that the author's name be included and a link to the original article be added.